Molly Hutchinson is a surface designer whose work explores colour, pattern and texture. Inspired by material properties and creative processes, she works across soft textiles and hard surfaces, experimenting with traditional and contemporary techniques.
She has an interest in graphic design, photography and styling and has styled and shot all of the photographs of her work.
Molly graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Textiles and Surface design from Buckinghamshire New University in 2016.
Her work is currently being exhibited at Material Lab, London.
• 22-25 SEPT 2016 - TENT and Superbrands London
• 29 JUNE - 2 JULY 2016 - New Designers, Business Design Centre, London
• 10 - 16 JUNE 2016 - Buckinghamshire New University Degree Show, High Wycombe
• 2010 - Mall Galleries' National Students' Art Exhibition, London
• Nominated for Not On The High Street award at New Designers 2016
• Nominated for Texprint 2016
• Winner of way-finding competition, in collaboration with NHS, for redesigning the route to the Children's Outpatients unit at High Wycombe Hospital, 2015
• Winner of trend-based design competition for Dulux Colour Futures 2015